Should the proceeds of a property sale be used to pay for care home care?

My parents-in-law might move nearer us, but one of them requires nursing home care and we don’t know the rules around paying for it

Q My parents-in-law live in a town about 50 minutes away from my husband and I. My father-in-law requires nursing care in a home, and as they have assets in excess of the £23,500 limit they will have to pay for his nursing home care.

I thought one way around the distance we would have to travel regularly to support them both, would be to have him admitted to a home near us, and for my mother-in-law to sell up and buy a property near to us as well.

Continue reading…Original Article

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.