Police say a sex attacker who has targeted children as young as 11-years-old on separate occasions has struck again.
Detectives have linked attacks on victims – some schoolchildren – across south east London.
In every case the attacker has been described as having a long skinny face and blonde hair, and approached the victim and touched them, before running away.
He previously attacked three girls aged 11, four girls aged 13 and two women aged 25 and 27.
The latest assault, which would be the tenth, was on a 13-year-old girl in Eltham, on Tuesday at 7.45am.
Superintendent Lee Hill of Greenwich police said: ‘There is a possibility that these incidents are part of a linked series of attacks as a number of victims have provided very similar descriptions of the attacker – a white man aged between 40-50-years-old, with short white or blonde hair.
‘These incidents were very frightening for the victims. I am appealing to the public to help identify and locate this man as quickly as possible.’
Detectives have previously released CCTV images of a man seen in Honor Oak Road who they want to identify.
Following the latest attack, the suspect was described as white, tall, approximately 50 years old, with light blond hair.
The first incident was in June on a 13-year-old girl at 8.20am, and the attacker then stuck again in August on a 11 year old.
There have been a number of similar attacks on children aged 11 to 13 reported through out September and October, and also two women aged in their 20s.
Following one incident the father of one of the victims said: ‘The father of one of the victims said: ‘This assault has upset and frightened our 11-year-old daughter immensely.
‘This type of behaviour is totally unacceptable and has had far reaching implications upon her mental state.’
He added: ‘Our daughter and her friends are now scared to walk to school on their own, their confidence and feeling of independence have been damaged and our daughter is wondering why she was targeted for this sort of attack.’
The attacks so far…
– 8:20am on Friday, June 30 in Ravens Way, SE12 – 13-year-old victim.
– 1.14pm on Tuesday, August 29 in Edward Tyler Road, SE12 – 11-year-old victim.
– 8:20pm on Wednesday, September 27 in Vicars Hill, SE13 – 13-year-old victim.
– 4.30pm on Thursday, September 28 in Frank Burton Close, SE7 – 13-year-old victim.
– 8.15am on Thursday, September 28 in Alanthus Close, SE12 – 11-year-old victim.
– 9.20am on Thursday, October 5 in Kidbrooke Park Road, SE3 – 13-year-old victim.
– 9.30am on Thursday, October 5 in Kidbrooke Park Road SE3 – 27-year-old victim.
– 9:54am on Thursday October 5 in Liskeard Gardens, SE3 – 25-year-old victim.
– 4pm on Monday, October 16 in Honor Oak Road, SE23 – 11-year-old victim.
– 7.45am on Tuesday, November 21, Eltham – 13-year-old victim.