New Year 2018 is fast approaching and that means we can now turn our focus on preparing the best New Year’s Eve party possible.
You may have spent a fair amount of your hard-earned money during the Christmas present finding the perfect gift for your loved ones and for yourself during the Boxing Day sales, but you may need to dig into your pockets a little deeper as we embark on the New Year’s celebrations.
For those who have received new wallets at Christmas, you may be thinking about depositing that money into your bank account in time for New Year’s Eve. But, you need to be quick because the day is fast approaching.
You also need to be wary that New Year’s Eve falls on a Sunday this year – which means that the majority of UK banks will be closed.
New Year’s Day falls on a Monday this year and, because this is a bank holiday, all the banks across the UK will not be open. Banks will be open again on Tuesday 2 January.
However, in Scotland, there is a bank holiday on 2 January, 2018, which means that many banks will be closed too. However, according to the RBS website, a select number of branches will be open from 10am – 2pm.
The Banking and Financial Dealings Act 1971, means that there are eight permanent bank and public holidays in England and Wales, nine in Scotland and 10 in Northern Ireland.
That doesn’t mean that you won’t be able to do online banking though.
With the emergence of modern technology, most banks’ internet banking services operate 24 hours a day.
However, we advise you contact your local branch to find out if telephone banking is available on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
When are the UK bank holidays in 2018?
- 1 January New Year’s Day National.
- 2 January New Year Holiday Scotland.
- 17 March St Patrick’s Day Northern Ireland.
- 19 March St Patrick’s Day Holiday Northern Ireland.
- 30 March Good Friday National.
- 2 April Easter Monday National except Scotland.
- 7 May May Day National.
- 28 May Late May Bank Holiday National.
- 12 July Battle of the Boyne Northern Ireland.
- 6 August August Bank Holiday Scotland.
- 27 August August Bank Holiday National except Scotland.
- 30 November St Andrew’s Day Scotland.
- 25 December Christmas Day National.
- 26 December Boxing Day National.
For all the bank official bank holidays dates please check here also.
The post When are the banks open over New Year and what are the UK bank holidays for 2018? appeared first on News Wire Now.