The Crown Prosecution Service has defended its decision not to pursue dozens of complaints against black cab rapist John Worboys.
Many of the complaints against the serial sex attacker "did not pass the evidential test", the CPS said.
It added that Sir Keir Starmer, who was director of public prosecutions at the time of Worboys' trial, did not have "any involvement in the decision making behind this case".
Questions have been raised about the decision not to pursue further allegations against former cab driver Worboys, who was jailed indefinitely in 2009 with a minimum term of eight years.
The chairman of the Parole Board is to face questions from MPs over the decision to release him soon, with one victim telling Sky News she was "shaken up and very upset".
Worboys was found guilty of 19 charges of drugging and sexually assaulting 12 female passengers, in one case raping a woman.
Police said in 2010 that he had more than 100 alleged victims after more people came forward following his trial and conviction.
In a statement, the CPS said during the initial police investigation it received files relating to 83 separate complainants against Worboys, but 69 of those "did not pass the evidential test".
Prosecutors considered charges related to another three alleged victims ahead of his trial but it was decided there were "sufficient counts on the indictment".
By the time of Worboys' convictions in March 2009, a further 19 complainants had come forward.
The CPS advised police that only rape allegations should be referred to prosecutors as it was "unlikely" to be in the public interest to prosecute Worboys over claims of sexual assault or administering a substance with intent "because of the maximum sentence available to the court".
Police submitted a file to prosecutors relating to one complainant who alleged a sexual assault but it "did not pass the evidential test", the CPS said.
Sir Keir, who is now shadow Brexit secretary, said: "As the CPS has made clear, neither I, nor my predecessor, had any involvement in the decision-making behind this case."
He added: "If there are any allegations against John Worboys that anybody thinks have not been looked into I would urge them to contact the police immediately so they can be investigated in full."
Professor Nick Hardwick, chairman of the Parole Board, will be asked by the Commons Justice Committee why victims were not told Worboys would soon be let out of jail.
He is also facing separate calls from a cross-party group of over 50 MPs to investigate if Worboys' victims were asked to make representations about his upcoming release.
A victim has told Sky News' Crime Correspondent Martin Brunt that after the trial all victims were assured Worboys would never be released.
More from UK
She had signed up to a Ministry of Justice contact scheme that should have ensured she would be warned ahead of him ever becoming free. But she said the first she knew about it was when she was contacted by the media.
Professor Hardwick apologised "unreservedly" earlier on Friday to women attacked by the former London cab driver that were "failed by the system".