Tuesday, June 15, 2021
Latest News from Cambridge and England


Girl suffers ‘arsenic poisoning’ after playing with putty bought on Amazon

Frances Kelly says her daughter was poisoned after playing with Magnetic Putty (Picture: Triangle Ne..

By admin , in UK , at February 20, 2018

Default author image

Girl suffers 'arsenic poisoning' after playing with putty bought on Amazon
Frances Kelly says her daughter was poisoned after playing with Magnetic Putty (Picture: Triangle News)

A worried mother has issued a warning after she claims her young daughter was poisoned by arsenic after playing with Magnetic Putty.

Frances Kelly, from Lanarkshire, says Neve had 10 times the safe level of the poison in her urine and is now poised to take legal action over the matter with partner Mark.

Trans beautician drank four bottles of Prosecco then pushed cop onto Tube track

Magnetic Putty was removed from sale last month after Trading Standards officers issued an alert over its safety.

Neve and her sister received the putty for Christmas and played with it for a week – but were soon taken for tests after a family member told them of the warning.

Frances, 37, wrote on Facebook: ‘We have received shock news this afternoon with the results of my daughter Neve’s tests and there is a toxicology team in Edinburgh who are now dealing with it.

Girl suffers 'arsenic poisoning' after playing with putty bought on Amazon
The couple say they are now seeking legal advice (Picture: Triangle News)

‘There was 10 times the normal level of arsenic found in her urine.

‘They had to take vials of blood and it is getting sent to an arsenic specialist in Glasgow. They are all in shock.

Dog collar banCall to ban 'cruel' dog shock collars that leave animals distressed

‘Neve has thankfully not shown many symptoms of damage and pray this test will be lower as she hasn’t been in contact with it since January.

‘If we hadn’t found out when we did…we pray to God her tests will be all clear. So please if you have this product get your children tested.’

A woman claiming to be Neve’s grandmother added: ‘Praying levels have dropped terrifying for them n we want to highlight it as God knows how many have been sold and how many other children are playing with it and totally unaware of the dangers especially on front of tin it says non toxic.

Girl suffers 'arsenic poisoning' after playing with putty bought on Amazon
The product was pulled from sale over fears of its arsenic levels (Picture: Amazon)

‘We’re praying levels will be down Dr sent it for peace of mind n didn’t expect this.’

Neve’s dad Mark, 40, wrote: ‘She had stomach pains but we don’t know if that’s related.

Woman admits abusing NHS paramedics with foul-mouthed note

‘The skin is not absorbent enough to cause Neve’s elevated level so she may have played with it and eaten something without washing her hands.

‘We don’t want to cause a panic, only make people aware of the potentially dangerous product.

Amazon pulled the product from sale over fears it contained seven times the safe level of arsenic and the magnet was 29 times stronger than the permitted force.

More: UK

There were no manufacturer details and the product did not have the CE safety mark.

The Kellys must now wait for up to a month to discover what the toxicology team says.

Oxfam chief apologises after 'staff paid Haiti earthquake victims for sex'

France added: ‘We have now sought legal advice and are seeing lawyers and can’t comment on anything until we have results.

‘Just glad my sister warned us and I got them tested straight away.

‘You’d think buying a Christmas present from a well-known seller would be safe.

‘Just worried if a child ingested it how much damage this would cause. We are all in disbelief.’

MORE: Girl, 2, rushed to hospital after sexual assault

MORE: Call to ban ‘cruel’ dog shock collars that leave animals distressed

Comments


Leave a Reply


Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *