A diner was left furious after being served a "totally burnt" egg McMuffin for breakfast at a McDonald's in the city – claiming that it made him feel sick.
Adeel Khursheed, 26, from Cambridge, took a bite from his egg and cheese bun after buying it from the popular chain in Rose Crescent at around 10am yesterday (April 7).
But to his horror found that it was overcooked from the inside.
The mobile phone store owner told the News: "When I started to eat it I saw it was burnt from the sides. I took only one bite, but realised that it was totally burnt from the inside.
"It made me feel vomiting."
The incident happened shortly after Mr Khursheed entered McDonald's at 9.43am, where he purchased the £2.29 egg and cheese McMuffin for breakfast.
After receiving the order from a member of staff, he discovered it was burnt.
Mr Khursheed claims the shift manager said it was normal but that if Adeel didn't like it, he could buy a softer one.
But Mr Khursheed said he didn't order a hard or soft McMuffin.
The manager offered him a new McMuffin, on condition that he gave the old one back – but Mr Khursheed said he didn't want a new one because it made him feel sick.
After some time later, Mr Khursheed agreed to receive a new one, which he compared to his burnt one.
The 26-year-old said he hopes that his complaint helps McDonald's improve its standards in the future.
He said: "It's a huge company worldwide and I am a big fan of McDonald's food.
"I wanted to highlight this so that McDonald's could improve their food standards."
What did McDonald's have to say?
A McDonald's spokesman said: "We are sorry that on this occasion we didn't meet our usual high standards and would like to apologise to the customer for their experience."