Several travellers have pitched their motor homes near Cambridge North Station tonight (April 19).
Eyewitnesses report seeing several caravans settled near railings around 300 yards from the station.
As of 6pm this evening there were three motor homes parked up, with bedding being aired nearby.
The latest stay comes after Greater Anglia, which manages the station, installed barriers to prevent travellers from pitching up in the station car park.
The rail operator has been approached for comment and says it is investigating the latest incident.
Last December dozens of caravans arrived, taking up most of the spaces used by commuters for several days, before being evicted.
Video Loading Video Unavailable Click to playTap to playThe video will start in 8Cancel
During that period motorists were told to 'stay away' while the rail operator dealt with the situation.
They left behind piles of rubbish after being moved on by police and bailiffs on December 19.
After being moved on they parked up at the nearby Cowley Road park and ride site for Christmas.
The problem of illegal campsites
Last year Lucy Frazer, Conservative MP for South East Cambridgeshire, said she would continue to press the government for action on illegal traveller camps.
Recently the UK Government said illegal camps cause "significant distress" to local and nomadic communities.
The Government now says it is committed to taking action and seeking views to help local authorities, police and landowners deal with unauthorised sites "efficiently".
Housing minister Dominic Raab said: "The vast majority of the travelling community are decent and law-abiding people.
"But, we are particularly concerned about illegal traveller encampments, and some of the anti-social behaviour they can give rise to.
"We must promote a tolerant society and make sure there are legal sites available for travellers, but equally the rule of law must be applied to everyone."
The Government consultation will run until June 15.