Final Fantasy VIII is – finally – making its way to modern consoles.
Back at E3 2019, Square Enix finally announced that the divisive entry in the long-running series will be coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC sometime in 2019.
The 20-year-old title will be given a graphical overhaul in the Remaster and will ship see a variety of other updates, too.
As fans scramble desperately for information on the upcoming title, this weeks issue of Japanese Magazine Famitsu has dropped some small (but welcomed) updates.
The original director of Final Fantasy VIII, Yoshinori Kitase, has revealed a few interesting bytes of information about the upcoming Remaster – you can check out all these new updates below.
- Hiroshi Harada (original battle programmer), Tomohiro Kayano (character model designer) and Tetsuya Nomura are all involved in the Remastered project in some capacity.
- “The character refinement quality is the result of having the original staff work on it” – so you can thank the original staff for those amazing-looking new character models.
- Battle assistance is going to be added to the Remaster – that means, similarly to the FFVII and FFIX Remasters, there will be cheats you can enable to make battles more streamlined.
- Chocobo World (the bonus mini-game that was originally playable with the PocketStation on the PSOne) will not be included. Instead, the items you could get from it will be available through a special ability Rinoa has.
- “Final Fantasy VIII was the first work that weve used motion capture on. At the time we didnt know how things worked, so we made the actor use a heavy gun. Looking back now, I get the cold sweats thinking about any worst-case scenario accidents that couldve happened.”
- “Final Fantasy VIII has had its share of influence in Hollywood entertainment, be it a game screen shown in a Hollywood movie or an offer we got last year from a major video game-related film that wanted to use the Gunblade.” Sounds like Ready Player One to us?
- You will be able to triple the speed in the field and in battle.
- Combat is also enhanced: you'll have options to use Max HP & ATB cheats, and the option to always be able to use special moves.
- You can turn on a No Encounter ability.
- PC only features include:
- the ability to obtain all items, abilities, special moves and cards.
- Max GF level, gil and Magic
- Detailed customization in system settings.
For those of youRead More – Source