Parts of Cambridgeshire are among areas in the UK with exposure to the radioactive element radon.
Radon is a colourless and odourless radioactive gas that comes from the decay of other elements in rocks and soils and can be found in some building materials and water.
You can’t see, smell or taste it, but overexposure to radon can cause damage in living tissues, which increases the risk of lung cancer.
But you shouldn’t necessarily be worried – radon is a chemical element we breathe in throughout our lives and for most people in this country, it accounts for approximately half their total annual radiation dosage.
Every building in the country contains radon, but the levels are usually low.
The Government closely monitors the presence of radon across the UK and publishes details of where it is most prevalent through Public Health England (PHE).